Ethnic Minority Support Project
The BCRC Ethnic Minority Support Project provides services to Black and Minority Ethnic groups and individuals across the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
We have two workers who cover Coleraine and Limavady and Ballymoney and Moyle respectively and who provide direct support services to BME groups and individuals as well as working with the host community to promote cultural awareness and integration.
The aim of this Project is to increase equality of opportunity for individuals from ethnic minority backgrounds, alongside developing capacity and building relationships with indigenous communities.
The project works in partnership with other stakeholders to develop information and accessibility of available services in the local area.
- To signpost individuals to services available to them
- To manage an Inter-Agency approach to support ethnic minorities
- To raise awareness of benefits of cultural diversity across Coleraine Coast and Glens
- To provide opportunities for integration of ethnic minorities into local life
- To organise cultural diversity events
- To work with local community organisations to ensure inclusion of ethnic minority groups
- To provide volunteering opportunities for ethnic minorities
- To assist individuals to meet their needs
Current Projects include:
- Facebook Page- Lokalne Informacje dla Polskiej Spolecznosci
- Folksy Kidz- Folk Dance Class for 4 – 10 year olds
- Host NICEM’s Advice Clinic bi monthly
- SOS- Self Other’s Stuff- An interactive Learning Resource & Guidance Notes for Key Stage 1/2
- Delivery of Diversity and Cultural Awareness training to schools, youth clubs and communities.
- ESOL classes for migrant workers (2016)
- PLACE- Polish Language and Culture Explained, Polish language course for non Polish speakers (2016)
- Community Development Support for BME groups including Causeway Multicultural Forum and Asian 50plus.
Paddy McNicholl (EMSW Coleraine & Limavady)
Based in Causeway Volunteer Centre,
3rd Floor River House, Castle Lane, Coleraine BT51 3DR
Tomek Czuprynski (EMSWBallymoney and Moyle)
Ballymoney Community Resource Centre
Unit 22 & 23, Acorn Business Centre
2 Riada Avenue, Ballymoney, BT53 7LH