Ethnic Minority Support Project
The BCRC Ethnic Minority Support Project provides services to Black and Minority Ethnic groups and individuals across the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
We cover the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council area and deliver both direct support services to BME groups and individuals as well as working with the host community to promote cultural awareness and integration.
The aim of this Project is to increase equality of opportunity for individuals from ethnic minority backgrounds, alongside developing capacity and building relationships with indigenous communities.
The project works in partnership with other stakeholders to develop information and accessibility of available services in the local area.
- To signpost individuals to services available to them and manage an Inter-Agency approach to support ethnic minorities
- To raise awareness of benefits of cultural diversity across Causeway Coast and Glens
- To provide opportunities for integration of ethnic minorities into local life through capacity building, training and events.
- To work with local community organisations to ensure inclusion of ethnic minority groups
Current Projects include:
- Peace IV Community Integration Project
- Global Education, Globetrotters Summer Programme
- World café style conferences
- Study visits
- Site visits
- International study visit
- Causeway CAB Advice Clinic interpreting support
- Facebook Page- Lokalne Informacje dla Polskiej Spolecznosci
- Drop in service
- Suicide Awareness training
- Bi-lingual mental health support
- Delivering anti-hate crime initiative and training and prejudice awareness training
- Children’s Creative Integration Workshops for 4 – 10 year olds
- Delivery of Diversity and Cultural Awareness training to schools, youth clubs and communities.
- ESOL classes (English as a Second Language)
- PLACE- Polish Language and Culture Explained, Polish language course for non Polish speakers
- Community Development Support for BME groups
Gosia O’ Hagan (Bilingual English and Polish)
Building Communities Resource Centre
Unit 22 & 23, Acorn Business Centre
2 Riada Avenue, Ballymoney, BT53 7LH