Community development is action that helps people to recognise and develop their ability and potential and organise themselves to respond to problems and needs which they share.
BCRC provides community development support to community and voluntary organisations in the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough including:
- Networking opportunities created for groups and charities and consultations to learn from each other and share good practices
- Support the community through active attendance at meetings with corporate, statutory and voluntary sector events and consultations
- Training programme based on needs in the community eg: safeguarding children & young people, good governance, finance, sustainability, funding applications etc.
- Strategic Planning and Good Governance practical support eg: constitutions, project planning, areas plans, group set-up, etc.
- Funding support including research, project and programme development and assistance with funding applications and sustainability
- BCRC is a Charities Commission Hub to help groups with setting up a charity and returns including independent verification of accounts
- E-Newsletter, Facebook updates and circulation of information to benefit the community