Our community outreach programme
We aim to develop community focused and innovative projects which will help to build links and promote good relations within the Causeway Coast & Glens Council area.
Under this theme BCRC works towards a peaceful and shared society based on reconciliation and mutual trust, building good community relations across the Borough through:
- Building Positive Communities supporting organisations to address community development needs in their area and promote inclusion.
- Women’s Civic Voice to develop the capacity of local women in civic life
- Community Dialogues to provide opportunities to engage communities in discussing issues affecting them.
- Shared Heritage working with individuals and organisations to identify and promote important aspects of our local shared heritage and preserve it for future generations.
- Shared Education working collaborativelywith schools and colleges and offering dynamic programmes in Diversity, Community Development, Culture and Heritage.
- Brighter Futures Leadership Initiatives to lift horizons and develop young people’s skills, knowledge and experience in key areas such as: Good Relations & Peace Building; Safeguarding our Young People & Safe Communities
- Shared Spaces supporting organisations and promoting the concept of Shared Spaces.
For more information on the project contact Angela or Shauna.
A few pictures of our community outreach work